Our staff should observe the following objectives at all times:
- Clients should be given all information regarding the service available and an opportunity to meet and discuss with the carer, prior to the service commencing, any problems or anxieties about the Service.
- A positive approach to each individual’s physical, personal hygiene, daily routine and dietary requirements to be maintained.
- Independence should be encouraged allowing clients to make their own decisions, which might involve a element of risk taking.
- Personal care should be carried out in a discreet and dignified manner, with respect for the individual’s privacy.
- Family & friends should be treated with courtesy and respect, promoting relationships with other services and the wider public.
- Clients have the right to complain or compliment the service. A complaints procedure exists giving clients’ access to management or the Care Quality Commission.
- To ensure clients are happy with the service provided and to review with all parties concerned the care each client receives.
- All staff shall receive instruction and training to help them meet standards required.
Your Rights as a Client
- You have the right to say whom you will have in your home and whom you will not. We cannot insist on you having a home carer with whom you are unhappy.
- You have the right to complain about the service. Please click here for a copy of the complaints procedure.
- You have the right to be treated with respect and not be the object of discrimination on any grounds such as race, colour, language or religion.
- You have the right to expect care workers to act with honesty and integrity and with respect for your home and property.
- You have the right to expect all information about you to be kept confidential.
- You have the right to an alternative home care worker in the event of holidays & sickness.
Your Responsibilities as a Client
- To provide a safe working environment for home carers.
- To have the appropriate household insurance to cover accidental loss or damage.
- To inform the office if are to be away from home and do not need the service giving at least 24-48 hours notice.
- To provide when necessary household cleaning materials and safe equipment.